Mayor Jim Kenney’s Office of Civic Engagement & Volunteer Service
- In celebration of the 4th Annual Mayor Recognition Day of for National Service, Mayor Kenney invites you to nominate a current member or an alumni of a National Service program, or returned Peace Corps Volunteer, for their distinguished service to the City of Philadelphia.For more information, click here.
- The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) was founded in 1913 and is now the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency. Over 30 local nonprofit organizations will be highlighting the important work they do within our community at the Diversity Expo & Walk Against Hate. The topics of these groups include LBGT equality, immigration services, culture, ethnicity and more.Read more
- Each month, SERVE's Match Passion with Action Newsletter features a local organization in our Organization Spotlight. This is a great way to share the fantastic community work occurring all over Philadelphia. Featured organizations gain greater exposure as well as the unique opportunity to highlight current volunteer recruitment needs.Submit your organization here!
- The City of Philadelphia's Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service is recruiting multiple VISTA positions for the 2016-2017 SERVE Philadelphia AmeriCorps VISTA Corps. SERVE Philadelphia places VISTA throughout City agencies to drive the City’s efforts for targeted volunteerism as a to strategy to address Philadelphia’s greatest challenges.Read more and apply now!
- Effective January 1, 2015, the City of Philadelphia signed on to be an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps and Peace Corps alumni will receive up to five (5) preferential points on Philadelphia's Civil Service Exam. This is an incredible opportunity for alumni and employers to leverage service into careers with the City of Philadelphia! Learn more: nationalservice.gov/employersRead about the January 12, 2015 Press Conference.